From special dresses and shiny shoes to pastel shirts and crisp khakis, Easter attire calls for your family’s Sunday best. Seize this opportunity to capture your crew’s perfectly polished appearance by snapping some family portraits. Here are a few ideas for corralling the group and getting some great shots.
1. Pick a time of day when the kids are well-rested and content. If you try to snap photos during their normal nap time or before they’ve had a meal, you’re more likely to catch them in a fussy mood.
2. Choose a fun setting, and let the kids play. When they’re simply having an awesome time, you’ll take some great candids with oodles of personality.
3. Bring props! Whether it’s a cheerful stuffed animal for a tiny tot or a classic white Adirondack chair for an outdoorsy shoot, including an extra “subject” will enhance your photos.
4. Though your family will be dressed up, ensure their clothes are comfy, too. Pick out pieces that fit them – not too tight, not too baggy – and opt for soft, breathable fabrics. If everyone is comfortable, it will show in the photos!
5. Take panoramic shots for a little variety. Check out our recent blog post that’s chock full of panoramic photography tips.
6. Enlist the help of a friend or family member to take pictures of your whole brood. Though Easter is a great time to snap pictures of the kids, you’ll treasure photos that feature you and Hubby, too. If a buddy is unavailable, bring a tripod and use your camera’s timer setting.
7. When the day is done, compile your favorite Easter photos into a beautiful personalized Photo Book. This will make it super-easy to share your top shots with loved ones.
Enjoy your Easter!
Share Life’s Happy,