Dorm move-in day is swiftly approaching. College students, you know what that means — the roommate who steals your food, those necessary communal-shower flip-flops and cinderblock walls that haven’t been repainted in a few, um, decades. While our “Snaps!” team can’t do much about your rogue roomie, we can help you cover those walls and freshen up your surroundings with our budget-friendly dorm room decorating tips.
- Mask those barren walls with a Canvas Print, Designer Posters or Collage Posters featuring pics of you and your friends. Then use colorful washi tape to add on a cute frame with a college budget.
- Buy an ornately framed vintage mirror from a thrift store and paint it with magnetic chalkboard paint. Use it as an artistic accent that’s also functional by exchanging notes with your roommate.
- Customize your dorm-room bed with a Collage Fleece Blanket, which can accommodate up to 30 photos. Show your school spirit by choosing a background personalized with your school colors.
- Elevate your dorm décor on a tight budget with Square Prints. Make a collage of Instagram photos using record frames, which fit up to nine 4×4 prints.
- Is painting your walls against the rules? No problem. Buy a multipack of sticky notes and create a mosaic-like wall covering.
- For interchangeable art, cut out magazine pictures or create 8×10 Prints and attach them to clipboards. Post a row of clipboards on nails or hooks on the wall. The back of the clipboard serves as a frame. Plus, you can reuse them as, you know, clipboards.
Got any dorm room design ideas of your own? Do tell!
Share Life’s Happy,